Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS)
Set Up on AkornDirect.com
If this is your first time placing an order online at AkornDirect.com and it is an emergency order (must be delivered the next business day) please contact our Customer Service department directly at 800-932-5676 between the hours of 7:00 am to 5:00 pm CST.
- CSOS certificate issued by the DEA
- Direct account with Akorn
- Works only with: Internet Explorer (Version 9.0, 10.0, 11.0) or Firefox (Version 20 and above)
- Network administrator must make www.Akorndirect.com a "trusted site" within the facility's network and in Java security.
If our CSOS program is not compatible with your current Java and upgrading your Java will NOT affect your other ordering systems, please have your Network Administrator follow these Java installation instructions. Our system supports Java 2 Platform Standard Edition (J2SE) Version 8.0 Update 66. (Some of the older version of Java should be compatible with 8.0.66 version)
- Install Java version 8.0.66
- Required by Java 8 or above, download the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files 1.8. JCE Policy Files.
- Download the zip file, extract it, and put the 2 files in the Java lib/security folder
- After replacing the files, create a new folder named "policy_backup" in the Java security directory:
- RENDERING E222 FORM: If you see an empty white box in place of your E222 form in the checkout process, try minimizing your browser to see if there is a Java pop-up dialog box present behind the browser that is asking for permission to run.
- DEA CERTIFICATE MISMATCH: Please follow the steps below if after selecting your certificate and submitting for approval you receive the following error message:
Error: please select a certificate that is associated with the DEA registration number XX9999999
Note: Click here for a step by step version of the below instructions with screenshots.
- VERIFY: Verify whether your certificate file is already present in Internet explorer by going to Internet Options-> Content -> Certificates. Be sure the "Personal" tab is selected. If the certificate already exists, please skip to step #3.
- IMPORT: You will need to import your certificate file into Internet Explorer using the following steps:
- In Internet Explorer, proceed to the following: Internet Options-> Content -> Certificates and be sure you are on the "Personal" tab within "Certificates".
- On that Certificates panel click "Import" to start the wizard.
- The wizard will ask you to browse to the location of your current certificate file. Please do that and select your current certificate file.
- Complete the import process following the steps from the Wizard and then move to step #3.
- EXPORT: Re-export your certificate file from Internet Explorer using these steps:
- Internet Options-> Content -> Certificates. Be sure that you are on the "Personal" tab within "Certificates" and select your certificate and then click "Export".
- Once the export wizard starts, select "Yes, export the private key".
- If not already selected, select the "Personal Information Exchange - PCKS #12 (.PFX)" radio button and make sure that "Include all certificates in the certification path if possible" checkbox is NOT checked.
- Enter a password for your new export certificate file and complete the export process.
- PLACE ORDER: Complete the order process by selecting and submitting for approval your newly exported certificate file during checkout.
If you have a problem rendering the 222 form, please overnight your 222 form with PO number and copy of your DEA license to:
Attn: Nembutal Ordering Processing
150 S. Wyckles Road
Decatur, IL 62522